Branches of the Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC) operate in specific geographical areas. Their purpose is to bring together management, technical and operating people to stimulate everyone’s understanding of and interest in the industry and the individual’s participation in it.
From east to west, the 11 PAPTAC regional branches are:
- Newfoundland Branch
- Atlantic, serving the provinces of New-Brunswick and Nova Scotia - Click here for the most recent PAPTAC Atlantic Newsletter
PAPTAC to support the Atlantic Branch Student Bursary
PAPTAC is pleased to announce its support of the Atlantic Branch Student Bursary. The $1000 annual bursary is applicable to students who are registered for full-time studies during the 2012-2013 academic year and who have completed one or more work terms with PAPTAC Member Mills or Affiliates. Applications will need to include a cover letter stating the student's interest in the Pulp and Paper Industry in Atlantic Canada; a resume outlining the educational background, work experience, and community involvement; and a copy of unofficial transcripts.
"We are very pleased to be supporting the Atlantic Branch with this great initiative, helping encourage students to play an active role in the industry and the Association and develop their interest in a taking on a career in pulp and paper". - Greg Hay, PAPTAC
Further information and the application form will be available in the coming months and the winner will also be recognized at the 2013 Atlantic Annual Branch Meeting.
- Five branches serve the Province of Québec : Saguenay–Lac-St-Jean, District de Québec, Estrie, Mauricienne et Vallée de l’Outaouais
- Niagara, serving the Niagara peninsula
- Midwest, serving an area between Sault Ste. Marie and Pine Falls, Manitoba
- Western, serving a large geographical area in the Prairie Provinces and in British Columbia
- Pacific-Coast, serving the lower B.C. mainland and Vancouver Island