The Winner is Mike Putzke, General Manager, Alberta Newsprint Company.
|Daniel Archambault, Mike Putzke & Yvon Pelletier|
Entry deadline for 2016 Award: January 4, 2016
June 2015: Entries open
January 4, 2016: Last day for submission of Award Entries
December 2015 / January 2016: Judging of Awards
January 2016: Award Winners announced
February 4, 2016: Awards Ceremony during PaperWeek Canada’s Business Luncheon
A successful Mill Manager creates a productive environment to work in as well as the drive and impetus to make things happen. S/he must balance technical and management skills, improve productivity and reduce costs, juggle different views and perspectives, abide by strict regulations and deal with different backgrounds and personalities. S/he needs to maintain focus ensuring the team’s performance is optimized and the projects’ and mill’s objectives are met.
Submissions should be comprehensive and concise and, as a general rule, should not exceed 10 pages.
- Demonstration of mill efficiency/productivity/sustainability (including performance figures)
- Demonstration of recent improvements in the mill’s operations
- Examples of implementation of best practices
- Description of leadership qualities and ability to inspire staff engagement (can include anecdotal stories with staff or upper management)
- Demonstration of the mill’s community involvement
The award will be presented to the successful contestant(s) at the following Annual Meeting.