The 2014 Environmental Strategy of the Year Award was attributed during PaperWeek Canada 2014.
The winner is the Domtar Windsor Mill.
|Patsy Inglis & Glenn Mason|
June 2016 Entries open
January 16 2017: Last day for submission of Award Entries
December 2016 / January 2017: Judging of Awards
January 2017: Award Winners announced
February 16, 2017: Awards Ceremony during PaperWeek Canada’s Business Luncheon
Submissions should be comprehensive and concise and, as a general rule, should not exceed 10 pages.
- Demonstration of improvement in the mill’s environmental footprint
- Record of reducing emissions (air and water) and the impact on climate change (supporting figures and/or measurements if possible)
- Record of reduced water consumption (provide measurements if possible)
- Demonstration of the use of certified raw materials (FSC)
- Overview of the mill’s philosophy and commitment toward environmental sustainability and how this impacts its relationships with clients and the community
The award will be presented to the successful contestant(s) at the following Annual Meeting.